Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birds of a feather and the playground tree

Here are the two paintings I made with the Pre-K class for the art auction for the Children's School. This one was inspired by the tree outside of the classroom that the children play under by the playground. The kids helped me glue on the button flowers on the bottom. There are two details of the buttons following this image.
oil on canvas
4' x 4'

detail:
detail:

This is my favorite one! I drew birds for each of the 23 students. They colored them with colored pencils. They are so colorful and beautiful. I don't remember coloring that well at age 4.
acrylic on wood
12" x 48"

detail:

detail:

Collaborating with kids was a challenge, but I am pretty happy with the results. The auction is March 26th. Can't wait to see how it goes!

No comments: